All levels | 45 min 39 sec
The Star Book is a fun and whimsical book structure with four open spans that act as three-dimensional stages. Tell a story, commemorate a trip or simply make a beautiful object using photographs, found items, drawings and collage. This project makes a great gift, keepsake or artist's book.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Tools:
- Bone folder
- Straight edge ruler
- Cutting tool
- Magazine pictures
- Collage materials
- Four pieces of art paper measuring 5" x 19", 5" x 20", 5" x 22", and 5" x 24"
- Ribbon or thread to tie
- Colored pencils
- Paints for embellishment
- Fold accordion layers
- Cut windows in each layer
- Create circle cut outs
- Add and composing photos
- Secure panels and finishing book
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to create a star shaped book
- 11 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert crafter Jody Alexander
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
75 users recommended this class to a friend
I love the simplicity of Jody's instructions. In about an hour and a half I completed the book without the decoration. Now my imagination is running wild as to how I can decorate it.
March 13, 2023
I love the idea of using old family photos and designing the star book as an ornament! Thanks Jody!
January 10, 2023
Jody Alexander's instructions are clear and concise. She calmly orates making it that much easier to follow along.
More than 3 months ago