Intermediate | 29 min
This stylish backpack is modern, chic, and easier than it looks! Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou shows you how a few rectangles of canvas can turn into a gorgeous everyday bag. You’ll begin by creating a unique stamp for printing the pocket fabric of your backpack. She’ll then show you how to shape the body of the bag with an easy gusset, and add leather straps for a beautifully finished backpack. All steps of the project are easy to do with a home sewing machine and a few straight stitches.
What you’ll get:
Learn how to:
- Work with waxed canvas
- Machine-sew backpack and attach leather straps
- Create a custom stamp
- Print on fabric using stamp
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow video lesson on how to print fabric with a custom stamp and sew your own backpack.
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor, Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Fabrics:
- Outer Bag - 2 pieces of waxed or regular canvas cut to 13" x 16 1/4" with 2" square notches cut from the top corners
- Bag Lining - 2 pieces of regular canvas cut to 13" x 16 1/4" with 2" square notches cut from the top corners
- Pocket - 1 piece of canvas cut to 13” x 10 1/4”
- Pocket Lining - 1 piece of canvas cut to 12" x 9"
- Straps - 2 pieces of 43" long x 1/2"-wide leather or webbing
- Handle - 1 piece of 1/2" x 8" leather
- Tabs - 1 piece of 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" leather or canvas
- Other materials:
- Soft lino block
- A linocut tool or Xacto
- Sponge roller
- Fabric printing ink in black
- Plate or tray
- Sewing machine
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.