Beginner | 13 min
Quilting designer Ashley Nickels demonstrates the traditional method for attaching binding tape to a quilt — a fundamental technique every quilter needs to know. Step by step, you will learn how to pin the binding to the quilt sandwich, attach it using the walking foot on your sewing machine, create mitered corners, join the ends of the binding, and finish with a hand-sewn blind stitch. Watch Ashley's How to Make Binding Tape class for a quick lesson on how to make your binding strips and sew them together.
Learn how to:
- Attach binding tape to a quilt
- Pin the binding to the quilt sandwich
- Attach it using the walking foot on your sewing machine
- Create mitered corners
- Join the ends of the binding
- Finish with a hand-sewn blind stitch
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Ashley Nickels on how to attach binding tape
- A quick video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.