All levels | 28 min 10 sec
Gunked-up machines can ruin any sewing experience. Learn how to properly maintain your machine with Jaime from Fancy Tiger Crafts. She demonstrates how to clean and oil a sewing machine, change the light bulb, and troubleshoot problems – she even demonstrates how to adjust tension if your stitches are too loose or too tight. Jaime works on a variety of sewing machine models in this class, and also provides tips on what to look for if you’re shopping for a new machine.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Sewing machine maintenance tool kit:
- Sewing machine manual
- Sewing machine screwdrivers
- Sewing machine oil
- Sewing machine brush
- Emery board
- Phillips head screwdriver (optional)
- Take apart and clean your sewing machine
- Oil your sewing machine
- File away nicks on the throat plate
- Change the light bulb
- Load bobbin and sewing needle
- Adjust tension
- Select a new machine
What you’ll get:
- A 2 part master class on how to maintain your sewing machine
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by the expert instructors of Fancy Tiger
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Sewing Machine Maintenance Reviews
784 users recommended this class to a friend
very informative and important information to keep my sewing machine running efficiently.
November 6, 2023
Learned so much! I even cleaned my sewing machine, it made a huge difference.
October 26, 2023
This class helped me to have a better understanding of my sewing machine. I cleaned it before but not as thorough as I learned today. Thank you.
October 15, 2023