Intermediate | 31 min 19 sec
Prepare your quilt top for quilting at home with this workshop on assembling a quilt sandwich. You’ll start by planning your quilting designs, then learn how to mark simple straight lines as well as common quilting motifs such as feathers and cables. Next you will assemble the quilt sandwich, then Sue will show you how to pin baste your quilt. That step can be dreaded by quilters but it is a critical part of setting up for successful quilting, and Sue will guide you through the process with patience and expert tips.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Marking pencil
- safety pins
- kwick klip (optional)
- masking tape
- patterns from book or PDF
- quilting ruler
- hand sewing needle and thread
- finished quilt top
- and backing fabric
- Marking quilting pattern on finished quilt top
- Assembling quilt sandwich
- Pin basting and thread basting
- An easy-to-follow lesson on creating a quilt sandwich for your next quilting project
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert quilter Sue Nickels
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
439 users recommended this class to a friend
Excellent demonstration. Thanks for all the tips. Can’t wait to make my own sandwich!
March 4, 2023
Despite being a short class, I learned several new things! I have been quilting for over 15 years and this was a game changer. Thank you!
February 27, 2023