Beginner | 14 min 5 sec
Once you understand the basics of the sewing machine, it’s time to sew. From pinning to sewing evenly, Liesl covers straight and curved seams. Joining two pieces of fabric together is the foundation of all sewing, and Liesl sets you up for success with these basics.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Work straight and curved seams
- Join two pieces of fabric together
- An easy-to-follow lesson on the basics of sewing seams
- 1 HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Liesl Gibson
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
829 users recommended this class to a friend
I thought it was useful to show the value of pinning, particularly for difficult curves, and to show that you can be careful and still get puckers. I do wish the video had covered what to do after you rip out a stitch (how do you prevent the original seam from not coming unraveled? how do you make the new seam line up with your old seam so you don't see the mistake?).
November 25, 2022
As someone just starting out with my sewing machine, I was able to follow very easily. Will definitely return to it. Great video!
November 12, 2022