Intermediate | 13 min 31 sec
Be a fly on the wall as Kaffe mocks up a quilt design in his London studio. In this workshop, Kaffe talks about how to work within a rich color palette to create a light-dark zig-zag illusion, as well as how to work with solids and striped fabrics to create motifs from diamond shapes. This workshop shows Kaffe’s process but does not show sewing – a complementary workshop is coming soon showing how to cut and piece this design.
Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Stripe Fabrics:
- 1⅛ yard each of the following Rowan woven fabrics by Kaffe Fassett - Broad Stripe (in Red, Yellow, and Sunset)
- Alternating Stripe (in Red, Olive, Orange, and Blue)
- Narrow Stripe (in Yellow)
- Caterpillar Stripe (in Earth and Dark)
- and Exotic Stripe in Midnight.
- ½ yard of both Thunder and Bronze
- ¼ yard of Apricot
- Pudding and Watermelon
- Balancing the color palette
- Creating dimension with contrasting fabrics
- Using a flannel layout wall
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to create this Rosita Quilt
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction by quilt artist Kaffee Fassett
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
260 users recommended this class to a friend
Beautiful but... after taking the quilt pieces off the design wall I wonder what his strategy is for assembly. It seems like it would be easier to sew by taking it down in vertical strips, sewing these pieces together then on to the next vertical strip.
December 18, 2022
liked it a lot, I love KF's use of pattern and color. I think the sewing part might be difficult though...
More than 3 months ago