Beginner | 36 min
Add unique style to your outfits and fix any wonky hair days by making your own fun hair accessories. Lesley Ware, author of three sewing and fashion books and a fashion-as-self-care advocate, will show you how easy it is to hand-sew scrunchies, headbands, and bow clips - no sewing machine required. You'll also learn how to work with elastic for a perfect fit. After you master the basics, you can get creative with modifying your hair accessories and adding your own spin. Make one to match any mood or style and wow your friends with some extra special presents.
Learn how to:
- Make scrunchies, headbands, and bow clips
- Sew by hand
- Sew with elastic
- Design your own hair accessories
- Easy-to-follow video lessons on how to sew 3 different kinds of hair accessories
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by expert sewist and instructor Lesley Ware
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric scissors
- Hand-sewing needle with matching thread
- Safety pin
- Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Material for each of the projects:
- Bow: Fabric (linen, silk, velvet or cotton) - 4 in. x 6 in.
- Ribbon or contrasting fabric - approx. 1 in. x 2 in.,
- Loop turner
- Hair Clip / bobby pin / headband
- Steam-A-Seam or other fabric fusible to close the hole if you don’t want to sew it (optional)
- Scrunchie: Fabric (linen, silk, velvet or cotton) - 3 ½ in. x 22 in.,
- Approx. 9 inches of ¼” elastic,
- Headband: Cotton fabric (woven not stretch) - 18 in. x 4 ¾ in, and 9 in. x 1 ¾ in.,
- Approx. 6 inches of ¾" wide elastic
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.