All levels | 10 min 36 sec
The depth, texture, and whimsy of cut-paper illustration begins with one thing: beautiful papers. Artist and children’s book illustrator Dawn M. Cardona demonstrates how to play with acryla gouache on a Gelli plate to make uniquely textured papers to use in your crafts. You can apply these papers to other classes taught by Dawn, or use them to add interest to any collage or drawing projects. While this process is instantly gratifying, you’ll be rewarded by experimenting on papers with different weights, textures, and colors in order to make them uniquely yours.
To see more of Dawn's classes that use the papers made in this class, visit her artist page here.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
To see more of Dawn's classes that use the papers made in this class, visit her artist page here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Gelli plate
- Paint brush, flat or round
- Acryla Gouache paints or fluid acrylics
- Cup with water
- Posca pens
- Colored pencils
- Caran d'Ache Neocolor II artist crayons
- Various papers: vintage, Bristol, graph, colored, maps, etc.
- Use a Gelli plate to create textured canvases
- Use colored pencils and crayons to add depth
- Build a stash of beautiful paper for art making
What you'll get:
- Video lessons on how to use a Gelli plate to make decorative papers
- 2 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from artist Dawn M. Cardona
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Make Painted Papers for Art Making Reviews
319 users recommended this class to a friend
some examples of collaging with the papers would be great and using in other projects
Darlene K Campbell
Have always wanted a Gelli plate. This class convinced me to get one.
September 4, 2023