All levels | 22 min 19 sec
Create a sweet baby cocoon and matching hat for the baby in your life—no “knitting” required! Fiber artist Michele Muska shows you how to use a round loom to make both projects, and how to craft custom fabric simply by holding two different yarns together. Whether you’ve knit with a loom before or this is your first time, this is a simple, relaxing way to create beautiful gifts for your friends and family.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 skein Red Heart with Love and 1 skein Red Heart Snuggle Bunny; you will need about 110 yards of each for a cocoon and 30 yards of each for a baby hat. (Note: if you don’t want to double your yarn, use a chunky acrylic yarn)
- 11 ½” 40-peg round loom by Boye
- 7 ½” round loom by Boye
- Loom tool
- Crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Snips or scissors
- Measuring tape
- Select different yarns and combine into a ball
- Cast onto your loom with an e-wrap cast-on
- Create a split collar
- Bind off and weave in ends
- Change yarn colors
- Tag garments for convenience
- Detailed lessons in using a round loom and instructions for making a sweet baby cocoon and matching hat
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Michele Muska of Simplicity
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Loom Knitting: Make a Baby Cocoon Reviews
149 users recommended this class to a friend
Very good. Baby loom peg count was missing, but I watched so many other videos, so I used a 31 peg loom.
September 25, 2023
I loved this class. I am ready to purchase materials at the arts and crafts store to loom knit a baby hat and cocoon. There are lots of babies and although I don't have children, these will be nice to make, to give back, and make great gifts for families. Great project! Greatly produced video class> Stephanie Fields.
More than 3 months ago