Beginner | 58 min
In this beginner’s class, Maggie helps new knitters learn how to make an adorable hat for babies. She explains every step of the knitting process, from casting on to joining the stitches in the round to working the ever-important knit stitch. The sweet stripes add a fun pop of color, and Maggie shows you two easy ways to finish the hat—with a pretty tassel or a fun envelope closure. Pair this hat with Maggie’s beginner baby blanket for a fabulous baby shower gift.
Learn how to:
- Cast on and bind off
- Knit Stitch
- Join in the round
- Change colors
- Sew seams
- Weave in ends
- An easy-to-follow class on how to knit an adorable hat for newborn babies
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and author Maggie Pace
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- 16” circular knitting needles size 7
- Rowan Softknit Cotton (92% cotton / 8% Polyamide / 50g / 115 yards) - one ball each in Cream / Burnt Orange / Tea Rose
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.