Maddie Flanigan of Madalynne Intimates expertly demonstrates how to sew the Barrett bralette -- a sporty, hassle-free pull-on bra that has adjustable straps, an elastic band at the bottom, and sweet details like picot elastic and a front opening. In this class, Maddie demystifies sewing with elastic, basic bra construction, and working with delicate stretch fabrics. The pattern accommodates bust sizes from 26” - 46” and comes with two different cup options. The bralette comes together surprisingly quickly and without the use of any specialized sewing equipment. The end result is an easy-to-wear undergarment that looks great and feels fabulous.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 yd stretch fabric including stretch lace, stretch mesh, and jerseys
- 1/2 yd lining, such as stretch mesh, micro mesh, and powernet
- 2 1/2 yds picot plush elastic 3/8” wide
- 2 yds wide elastic (3/4” or wider)
- 2 yds strap elastic
- 2 pairs rings & sliders
- Ballpoint needle
- Odif’s 505 Spray
- Rotary cutter
- Polyester thread
- Sewing machine
- Pattern PDF
Find everything you need to complete the Barrett Bralette at Maddie's online shop here.
- Work with picot elastic
- Assemble and attach straps
- Use spray adhesive
- Enclose seams
- Make seams that stretch
- An easy-to-follow video lessons on how to sew the Barrett bralette
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by expert instructor Maddie Flanigan
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
View More Comments
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
220 users recommended this class to a friend
I like the class very easy to understand. Well paced instruction. I will make this bra.
November 16, 2022
Going to try this pattern out. Class walks through the steps to construct in a way this is easy to follow and understand.
September 23, 2022
Excellent class. I am a plus size and have a lot of problems finding the right bra and it is always an ongoing issue trying to fitting one correctly. I finally decided it is time to learn how to sew one. This class is very easy to understand and the instructor speaks very clearly with a good video image.
More than 3 months ago