Intermediate | 45 min 36 sec
Combine bright floral patterns and vintage embroidery to create a fabric collage bursting with texture and pattern. Rebecca shows how to create a loose, freeform style of embroidery where more is more. She demonstrates how to blend different fabric prints as a base, then add vintage trims and embroideries – and she teaches several floral stitch patterns that add density and dimension. Once you’re finished embroidering, hang your finished collage on a wall or incorporate it into a sewing project such as a pillow or bag that needs some cheer.
Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Small piece of linen or cotton fabric
- Collection of densely patterned colorful fabric scraps
- Collection of found embroidery (from old pillow cases, tablecloths, napkins etc.)
- Found floral trims
- Fabric sheers
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery hoop
- 6-strand embroidery floss
- Perle cotton, size 8
- Embroidery needles
- Milliners needles
- Tapestry needles
- Safety pins
- Straight glass head pins
- Work with different scale prints
- Incorporate vintage embroidery
- Use three-dimensional floral stitches
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to make layered floral embroidery
- 11 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction by artist Rebecca Ringquist
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Layered Floral Embroidery Reviews
363 users recommended this class to a friend
Great demonstration of stitch formation and an interesting way to incorporate them.
October 29, 2023
This class was so inspirational. Now I can't wait to go to my local thrift store to find materials to embellish!
September 22, 2023
This class explains exactly what I needed to know in a simple and clear way. Thank you!
More than 3 months ago