Intermediate | 18 min 30 sec
Learn how to doodle with thread to customize and embellish your clothing and home decor. The creative minds behind Improv Sewing will teach you how to make adjustments to your sewing machine and stabilize fabric so you can create different effects on material, including how to draw outlines and make your stitching more bold. This workshop will have you seeing unadorned fabric as a new canvas for whatever motifs you dream up.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- sewing machine
- high-contrast printed image
- Adjusting sewing machine presser for freehand sewing
- Creating different effects with thread on fabric
- Doodling and scribbling freehand machine embroidery
- Transferring a design to fabric
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to draw with thread
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by the expert instructors of Improv Sewing
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
257 users recommended this class to a friend
I learned about how to work with pressure of the foot, very easy and interesting. I thought I needed a special foot and now I see that I do not.
More than 3 months ago