Do you dream of turning your creative skills into a creative business? Not sure where to begin? This 5-part original series will start you on your path, covering everything you need to know to discover, build, and elevate your creative brand. Each episode features straight talk with creative rockstars including artist and illustrator Lisa Congdon, Christine Schmidt from Yellow Owl Workshop, fabric designer Heather Ross, Liesl and Todd Gibson of Oliver + S Sewing Patterns, and craft book publisher Melanie Falick. Each week, these inspiring creative mentors will cover a fundamental aspect of being a creative business owner: Identifying Your Brand, Business Nuts and Bolts, Licensing Artwork and Fabric, How to Publish a Book, and Maintaining Work-Life Balance. In addition to hours of valuable advice, this class comes with a 100-page PDF download filled with expert tips, bonus interviews and worksheets.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Create your brand identity
- Work on a business plan
- Understand business finances
- Grow your business over time
- Understand the pros and cons of licensing artwork
- Approach editors and submit book proposals
- Balance life and work
What you'll get:
- A high-quality e-course with hours of advice from professionals on how to launch your creative business.
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- A 100-page PDF course hand-out, with tips, samples, interviews, worksheets, and web references
- Step-by-step expert instruction from craft industry professionals: Lisa Congdon, Christine Schmidt, Heather Ross, Liesl Gibson and Melanie Falick
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
View More Comments
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
426 users recommended this class to a friend
A lot of wonderful information about being a creative small business owner and the multifaceted amount of effort and creativity that goes into it all.
October 3, 2022
I love that this was from the heart sharing of real life experiences, with their ups and downs, and learnings along the way. It was informative in a way that sets expectations, without sugar coating the effort required.
September 27, 2022
Well produced and edited class with lots of info and inspiration!
More than 3 months ago