All levels | 15 min 45 sec
In this class, Alethea and Jill of Studio Choo show you how to make a festive holiday garland using seasonal greenery. The garland uses a branch as a base for a clean, modern take on holiday garlands. You'll see how to work with seasonal greenery including boxwood, cedar, wax flower, and seeded eucalyptus branches. A fragrant gardenia adds an unexpected touch of elegance. Throughout the class, Althea shares her philosophy for creating an organic design and teaches the basics of wire wrapping in order to make a sturdy, long-lasting garland, perfect for hanging on the wall or using as a tabletop centerpiece.Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- various flowers and greenery (like wax flower - seeded eucalyptus - gardenia blossoms - boxwood and cedar)
- heavy gauge pruning shears
- small floral snips
- 26 gauge paddle wire
- medium gauge floral wire
- Use the Studio Choo philosophy for combining materials organically
- Prepare stems for adding to an arrangement
- Create a packet of branches
- Use floral wire-wrapping basics
- An easy-to-follow class on how to make a winter garland
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from the instructors of Studio Choo
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
172 users recommended this class to a friend
Nice detail to Tools used & Material selection Each step had good visual detail in the assembly and good explanation as to why she chose the materials she did as well as her assembly.
May 9, 2023
I love how simple she breaks it down, while also emphasizing to create the look the student wants. Very nicely done. I would maybe like to hear, during some of the silent periods, some anecdotes on how she and/or her partner learned how to do garlands, how they thought up some of the things they learned to create, etc. All in all, a very informative video, with a beautiful result.
More than 3 months ago