All levels | 57 min 15 sec
Watch paper flowers bloom right before your very eyes! In this class, Bel Mills, the book artist behind Scrap Paper Circus, will show you how to create a blooming three-dimensional flower sculpture tucked inside a colorfully collaged handmade card. Stylistically combining vintage and modern and utilizing upcycled materials, this composed art card is a timeless gift of flowers you can send through the mail. Bel will also show you how to hand make an accompanying envelope. You can't go wrong—everyone loves a pop-up!Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Seven security envelopes, preferably with varied patterns, or photocopied old letters or book pages
- Double-sided tape
- Glue stick
- Mini glue dots
- Metal ruler
- Craft knife
- Cardstock—2 sheets in contrasting colors
- Cancelled postage
- Circle punches: 1” or 0.5”
- Colorful paper for flower centers
- Washi tape
- Collage materials - check out some of Bel's ephemera in the class PDF below
- Corner rounder
- Paper fasteners
- Twine or string
- Paper clips
- Create a three-dimensional pop-up flower
- Determine paper grain
- Compose a balanced and thoughtful composition
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Make a Pop-Up Flower Greeting Card Reviews
93 users recommended this class to a friend
I’m very excited to try this innovative project! Bel is a mesmerizing teacher. The directions are understandable and her pace is easy to keep up with! Thank you so much!
1 day ago
I really had fun doing this class. Will definitely be making more cards. Great instructor!
5 days ago
This is a very fun project. I did it with my 2 teenage daughters and we all had fun. Thank you for posting it.