Beginner | 13 min
Create custom-sized boxes using decorative paper with Liana from Creativebug. These pretty paper boxes have their roots in origami, coming together with a series of simple folds. You'll learn how to make box tops with matching bottoms, which make cute gift containers for any occasion.
Learn how to:
- Fold and crease paper with a bone folder
- Make boxes in custom sizes
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Liana Allday on making paper boxes
- 2 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:SUGGESTED BOX SIZES
– For a 3" square box, use two sheets of paper: 8" square and 8 1/2" square
– For a 4" square box, use two sheets of paper: 13" square and 13 1/2" square
– For a 7" square box, use two sheets of paper: 28" square and 28 1/2" square
- High quality giftwrap or mid-weight decorative paper (Liana uses one 19” x 27” sheet to make a 5” box)
- Clear gridded ruler
- Rotary cutter
- Bone folder
- Glue stick or washi tape (optional)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.