Beginner | 28 min
Using the inherent properties of yarn-dyed fabric, you can create a beautiful, all-seasons fringed scarf. Anna Maria Horner shows you how to identify the warp and weft threads in woven fabric. Then, you'll learn how to sew straight stitch lines along the edges and remove weft threads to create a pretty, delicate fringe.
Learn how to:
- Identify warp and weft
- Sew side seams
- Pull weft threads
- Step-by-step expert instruction on how to make an all-seasons fringed scarf
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 yards of a yarn-dyed fabric (Anna uses fabric from her Loominous collection)
- Sewing sheers
- Coordinating thread
- Tapestry needle
- Sewing machine
- Thread snips
- Ironing board
- Cutting mat (optional, to protect table surface)
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.