Intermediate | 23 min
Tossing your eyeglasses into your bag without protection is never a good idea. Wendy Bernard's eyeglass case is a great project for beginner knitters ready to try a new stitch pattern, and for anyone who needs a quick gift idea. Wendy's pattern even includes three different size options, so you can create a case for slim reading glasses, standard eyeglasses, or oversized sunglasses. Using lovely hand painted yarn, Wendy shows how to knit Linen Stitch in the round for the body of the case then work the flap of the case flat. Finally, learn how to make a buttonhole and add a button.
Learn how to:
- Knit Linen Stitch in the Round
- Knit Linen Stitch Flat
- Make a buttonhole
- Add button for closure
- Whipstitch the case closed
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Wendy Bernard on how to knit a linen stitch glasses case
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF included
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Yarn: Koigu Wool Designs Koigu KPPPM (100% merino wool; 175 yards / 50 grams):
- 1 skein or one skein fingering weight yarn (colors shown P882B67-lighter, P812317-darker)
- One set double point needles (dpn) US Size 3 (3.25mm)
- Stitch marker (optional)
- tapestry needle
- 1” button
- tape measure
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.