All levels | 9 min 23 sec
This easy ornament project is perfect for anyone who loves doodling and drawing. Using traditional Fair Isle sweater patterns as inspiration, Courtney Cerruti shows you how to use gel pens to draw colorful designs on pre-cut wooden ornaments. This is a perfect project to do with friends or kids this holiday season, your inspiration fueled by a mug of hot cocoa.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Moonlight Gellyroll packet of pens
- Paint markers (Courtney uses Recollections Metallic Paint Pens)
- Pack of jumbo wooden shapes
- Metallic thread or 1/8" ribbon
- Hammer and nail
- Wooden plaque for hammering
- Use an image as reference to create your own, unique pattern
- Combine colors and shapes to freestyle your pattern
- Punch a hole in your ornament
- Add string or ribbon to your finished ornament
- Learn how to use gel pens to draw colorful designs on pre-cut wooden ornaments
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Courtney Cerruti
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
82 users recommended this class to a friend
Simple, easy and beautiful! I can do these with my kids and it will be a wonderful memory.
More than 3 months ago