Beginner | 22 min 48 sec
Crochet is an endlessly versatile technique for making hats, scarves and sweaters, not to mention sculpture and rugs. And all you need is some yarn and a crochet hook. In this workshop Cal will explain and demonstrate the foundation crochet stitches and finishing off. You can create reference swatches of each stitch, or alternate them to create a stitch sampler.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- Yarn (should be smooth, preferably wool in a light or bright color in either worsted or bulky size).
- Crochet hook (size G or H for worsted, J or K for bulky)
- Choosing yarn and hook type
- Making a slip knot
- Chain stitch as well as single, double, and triple crochet stitches
- Finishing off your work
What you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow lesson on beginning crochet
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by artist Cal Patch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
666 users recommended this class to a friend
These beginner steps with Cal are perfect for us. Cal s so calm that she makes me calm down with learning new stitches. Thanks Cal
I had a difficult time with the triple crochet. Not sure if the issue is because of my small hands. But overall thought it was a good class for beginner.
March 18, 2023
I have been crocheting a while, but this class showed me how to more accurately turn and reach down to straighten the edge. Reviews are helpful to check your own way of crocheting.
March 13, 2023