Intermediate | 34 min 7 sec
Learn how to make a traditional crocheted rag rug with Cal Patch. Rag rugs are a great opportunity to use up recycled fabrics like old bed sheets and T-shirts. In this class, Cal shares expert tips on how to shred the fabric intro strips and connect them to make one continuous “yarn” for crocheting. Once you’ve learned the chain stitch and single crochet stitch, you’ll work in spirals to create a round or oval rug.Learn how to:
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Old T-shirts / knit fabric yardage / or woven fabric yardage
- Sharp scissors
- Crochet hook size Q/15mm (you may need to adjust hook size to get a firm fabric)
- Shred fabric to make strips
- Connect strips
- Work a chain stitch
- Work a single crochet stitch
- Work a slipstitch
What you’ll get:
- A detailed class on how to crochet a rag rug
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor and author Cal Patch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
492 users recommended this class to a friend
This was simple as explained. She didn't go too fast for beginners, nor too slow for the more experienced. I would have been at a loss for detail if I hadn't watched this.
January 9, 2023
This was such a clear instructional series. I enjoyed the presenters style. The first video series I watched on Creativebug. Great job!
January 2, 2023
Very easy to listen to Cal's instruction. Can't wait to begin mine.
December 27, 2022