Beginner | 24 min 58 sec
Quilting has a vocabulary unto itself. In this workshop, Liza deconstructs quilt construction and its vernacular – explaining patches, blocks, batting, sashing, binding, borders, quilting and more. This is a beautiful show and tell of different quilt traditions and techniques – from antique log cabin and crazy quilts to applique, string piecing and paper piecing quilts. Throughout, Liza emphasizes the “make-do” tradition of quilting with a warmth and reverence that inspires.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Recognizing quilt construction and vocabulary
- Traditional patchwork, piecing and applique examples
- An easy-to-follow lesson on the fundamentals of quilting
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert quilter Liza Lucy
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
573 users recommended this class to a friend
A great overview of the different types of techniques to create a quilt. Lisa's passion for quilting shines through in the way she talks about the quilts.
December 30, 2022
This class was so informative. I've watched several quilting videos and this was one of the best. Thank you.
More than 3 months ago