All levels | 23 min 24 sec
Expert sewist and quilter Leslie Schucker demonstrates how hand-stitching and colorful details can make a sweet and simple holiday stocking for your mantle. The EZ Quilting Templates make cutting your fabric shapes a snap and no sewing machine is needed for assembly. Learn how to whip stitch fabric panels together, use an appliqué stitch to sew on colorful embellishments, and work the couching stitch to personalize your project with a yarn monogram.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wool felt in natural white
- Felt in Red, Teal, Aqua, Mint
- One yard chunky weight yarn in light aqua
- Buttons in coordinating colors
- Large red ric rack - about 9"
- DMC thread for hand stitching in Ivory 712, Red 817, Aqua 597, Teal 3809, Mint 993
- EZ Quilting Mini Dresden Template
- Hand-sewing needle
- Fabric scissors
- PDF template
- Hand sew a holiday stocking
- Cut fabric with EZ Quilting templates
- Whip stitch and applique stitch with wool felt
- Use a couching stitch to create a monogram
What you'll get:
- A video class on hand-sewing a Christmas stocking
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list and PDF template
- Step-by-step instructions by Leslie Schucker
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
43 users recommended this class to a friend
This looks like a wonderfully fun project and precious gift! I love the idea of the wool felt and hand stitching!
January 16, 2023
Nice stocking" this would be suitable for teaching a young person how to hand stitch.
More than 3 months ago