Intermediate | 16 min 26 sec
Layering vinyl is an essential technique for creating dynamic projects with your Cricut. Professional Cricut crafter, Amber of Damask Love, explains how to plan your iron-on motif in Cricut’s Design Space, using the slicing and contouring features that make this layering technique possible. Once the vinyl has been cut, Amber shows you how to assemble your layers using the Cricut Easy Press tool. These layered vinyl pieces are perfect for tote and t-shirt designs, and best of all, won’t have any excess bulk!Learn how to:
What You’ll Get:
Here’s what you’ll need:Get the project design file on Cricut.com
- Cricut Maker loaded with a fine-point blade
- Cricut Easy Press tool
- Cricut Easy Press Pad
- Cricut weeding tool
- Standard grip cutting mat
- Canvas tote bag
- Iron-on vinyl in six colors
- Piece of scrap fabric the size of image
- Use the “Slice” and “Contour” features in Design Space
- Layer iron-on vinyl without adding bulk
- Use the Cricut Easy Press tool for iron-on vinyl
What You’ll Get:
- Detailed instruction on how to make projects with layered iron-on vinyl on a Cricut Maker.
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert instructor Amber of Damask Love
- The ability to leave comments, ask question and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Cricut Crafts: Layering Iron-On Vinyl Reviews
577 users recommended this class to a friend
I'm just learning right now and this broke it down nicely! Thank you!
July 31, 2023
Good presentation on how to make a layered vinyl project and good explanation for the process.
More than 3 months ago