All levels | 26 min 37 sec
Learn how to mix and manage colors in this artistic primer course. Illustrator Molly Hatch explains how the color wheel works, showing how to mix secondary and tertiary colors using primary colors, and how to mix tints and shades. Finally, she demonstrates how to create a personalized palette for your artwork with a fun coloring book page exercise (PDF included with class).
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Set of watercolor or gouache paints
- Palette for mixing
- Colored pencils
- Paper towel
- PDF printouts
- Understand the color wheel
- Mix secondary and tertiary colors with paints and colored pencils
- Use white and black paint to create tints and hues
- Create a customized color palette
- Instruction on how to how to mix secondary and tertiary colors using primary colors, and how to mix tints and shades creating your own personalized palette
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and PDF coloring pages
- Step-by-step expert instruction from designer Molly Hatch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Color Wheel Basics: Working with Paints and Colored Pencils Reviews
729 users recommended this class to a friend
I enjoyed it. Would like to know more about colour wheel such as complimentary colours.
November 17, 2023
The class was a great introduction to colors and the use of the color wheel.
September 14, 2023