Beginner | 26 min
Learn how to mix and manage colors in this artistic primer course. Illustrator Molly Hatch explains how the color wheel works, showing how to mix secondary and tertiary colors using primary colors, and how to mix tints and shades. Finally, she demonstrates how to create a personalized palette for your artwork with a fun coloring book page exercise (PDF included with class).
Learn how to:
- Understand the color wheel
- Mix secondary and tertiary colors with paints and colored pencils
- Use white and black paint to create tints and hues
- Create a customized color palette
- Instruction on how to how to mix secondary and tertiary colors using primary colors, and how to mix tints and shades creating your own personalized palette
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and PDF coloring pages
- Step-by-step expert instruction from designer Molly Hatch
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Set of watercolor or gouache paints
- Palette for mixing
- Colored pencils
- Paper towel
- PDF printouts
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.