Intermediate | 32 min 31 sec
When adjusting the fit of clothes you sew for yourself, the most important measurements are across your shoulders and bust. Most commercial patterns are made to B cup, leaving a lot of us with ill-fitting tops. In this workshop, Liesl will walk you through the steps of measuring and making adjustments to your pattern for a larger bust.
Learn how to:
Here’s what you’ll need:Tools:
- tracing wheel
- pattern you want to enlarge
- tracing paper or other large paper for creating new pattern piece
- Determining your pattern size
- Making an accurate bust measurement
- Tracing a pattern
- Transferring body measurements to traced copy of pattern
- Adjusting paper pattern
- An easy-to-follow lesson on how to adjust the bust for your garments
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Itemized supply list
- Step-by-step instruction by expert sewer Liesl Gibson
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Bust Adjustment Reviews
353 users recommended this class to a friend
This was amazing, I will try to follow all the advice. It was so easy to understand.
4 days ago
Excellent teaching and rationals for why you are going the extra steps to ensure a great fit. Saves time and money, if you have a satisfying finished project. I have thrown out have done items many times, because I didn’t know or understand pattern sizes were not like store bought clothing sizes. Thank you.
August 5, 2023
There is a lot of good information in this video. I wish she would've also covered how to make the bust smaller. I know it's a matter of reversing what she did, but it's always helpful to watch it being done from start to finish.
July 10, 2023