Beginner | 22 min 50 sec
It's a puzzle! It's a toy! It's a fabulously fun object to sew! In this sweet little class, professional crafter Faith Hale shows how to design, sew, and construct a puzzle ball. Originally intended as a toy for her baby daughter, Faith became intrigued with the simple geometry of the form. While some puzzle balls are assembled with a solid core, this method relies on three interlocking rings to make the finished object. Once you make one, you'll be hooked.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Create your own puzzle ball template
- Sew and fill a 3D structure
- Hand sew a whip stitch
- Assemble and disassemble the puzzle ball
What you'll get:
- Video lessons on how to sew and assemble a puzzle ball
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from sewist Faith Hale
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- For template, a compass, card stock or regular copy paper, ruler, pen, and paper scissors
- Medium-weave cotton fabric, 1/8 yard or fat quarter each of 2 colors
- Thread to match one of the fabrics
- Fabric shears
- Hand-sewing needle
- Marking tool to transfer template
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Pokey tool like a pencil or knitting needle
- 2 oz. Polyfil stuffing, approx.
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.