Intermediate | 20 min
This stunning zig-zag pillow will sharpen your cutting, sewing and patchwork skills. Liza patiently walks you through the step-by-step process of cutting parallelograms, with tips for accurate cutting and marking that will make the sewing process go smoothly. Each stripe sequence is created in a vertical row, then the rows are sewn together to create the striking chevron effect. Once you've practiced these skills on a pillow, you'll be ready to apply them to your larger quilt projects.
Here’s what you’ll need:Materials:
- ⅝ yd of each of the following Kaffe Fassett Woven Stripes by Rowan (Alternating Stripes Blue, Alternating Stripes Orange, Caterpillar Stripe Earth, Caterpillar Stripe Dark, Broad Stripe Yellow, Exotic Stripe Midnight, or 6 woven stripes of your choosing)
- ⅛ yd of each of the following Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons by Rowan (Apricot, Tangerine, Ecru, Galvanized, Bronze, Thunder, Pudding, Watermelon, or 4 pairs of light/dark combinations of Shot Cottons. 8 fabrics total)
- 1 yd of Kaffe Fassett Lotus Leaf printed fabric in Antique (or any printed fabric of your choice)
- spray starch (Liza uses Mary Ellen’s Best Press)
- Clearview acrylic quilters triangle
- or a rotary ruler at least 6” x 12” printed with 60° lines
- 22” Fairfield Soft Touch pillow form
- sewing machine and coordinating thread
- fabric scissors
- pencil or tailors chalk
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.