Beginner | 56 min
Learn from craft master Courtney Cerruti as she demonstrates how to use the Gelli Plate to make layered and textural prints. The silicone plate is infinitely reusable and is adept at printing both flat shapes and dimensional items like botanicals, fibers, textiles and more. Learn how to print on both paper and fabric in a process that is fast and addictive. The unexpected beauty in every print ignites an insatiable curiosity that can only be cured by an afternoon of printing.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Print stand-alone images with acrylic paint
- Print with ink
- Print layered images
- Print on fabric
- Make an image transfer
What you'll get:
- Easy-to-follow video lessons on how to make prints using the Gelli Plate
- 7 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by artist Courtney Cerruti
- Questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Gelli Arts gel printing plate
- Acrylic paint including Folk Art Color Shift paint and Fabric Creations for printing on fabric,
- Alcohol inks and india inks
- Deli paper (optional)
- Copy paper
- Washed muslin fabric
- Spray bottle and/or baby wipes for cleaning
- Various materials for printing including yarn, feathers, cut paper, botanicals, packaging, etc.
For image transfers:
- Golden brand fluid acrylic ink
- Folk Art paint in white
- Current issues of Vogue and Elle magazines
- Heat gun
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.