All levels | 20 min 16 sec
Join Kyra Balentine, Content Studio Manager at Plaid, as she walks you through the basics of one of the most intriguing trends in crafting – paint pouring. This uniquely playful technique requires a bit of planning and an open mind. In this class you'll explore the basics of planned and unplanned pours, how to tidily coat the edges of your canvas,and a creative idea for using up your leftover paint.Learn how to:
What you'll get:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint in the following colors: Wicker White, Bright Pink, Perfect Purple, Teal, Patina
- 10" x 10" canvas
- Crafts sticks
- Plastic cups
- Push pins
- Mod Podge Ultra
- Silicone mat or baking sheet
- Paper towel or baby wipes
- Make a "clean" pour
- Make a "dirty" pour
- Set up your canvas for acrylic pouring
- Work with Mod Podge Ultra
What you'll get:
- Instructions on how to make poured acrylic paintings
- HD video lesson you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Kyra Balentine, Content Studio Manager at Plaid Crafts
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Acrylic Pouring 101 Reviews
246 users recommended this class to a friend
I love how easy it is to do and the final results are so beautiful. Thank you.
4 days ago
Very easy instructions. Didn’t move too fast or too slow. Great ideas! Beautiful work! My intent was to learn more about paint pouring but learned even more! Thank you!
Informative and enjoyable! Looking forward to creating the projects taught in the class.
October 2, 2023